Transit Mobility Program
Texas A&M Transportation Institute
701 North Post Oak Road, Suite 430
Houston, TX 77024
Phone: (737) 932-1481
Email: [email protected]
Zachary has nine years of transportation research experience and is responsible for a diverse range of projects. In his role with TTI’s Transit Mobility Program he contributes to work in the areas of equity, justice, accessibility, shared and active modes, public health, innovative finance, and urban design. Zachary is the Transit Mobility program’s lead investigator for research on transportation equity and access with a focus on projects that seek to preserve and improve access to the transportation network for marginalized and underserved communities. Since 2016 he has led seven such projects including an assessment the equity implications of new and emerging fare payment technologies, three projects to conduct equity analyses for transit access, and two projects that resulted in unique standalone equity analysis training programs/curriculums. In July 2020 he initiated a new project, as PI, to investigate opportunities to enhance state-level methods for assessing and improving transportation equity and accessibility for all users. Additionally, he is a key researcher on Transit Cooperative Research Program project B-47 investigating the impacts of transformational mobility technologies on underserved communities.
Before joining the Transit Mobility team at TTI, Zachary held a 6-month Transportation Finance Research Fellowship with the Southern California chapter of the Safe Routes to School National Partnership. Prior to his fellowship, he worked as a research assistant for the METRANS Transportation Center at The University of Southern California’s Price School for nearly 2 years.
- Master of Planning, University of Southern California, 2012.
- Bachelor of Arts, Recreation and Leisure Studies, California State University at Long Beach, 2006.
- Transportation Research Board (TRB) Joint Sub-Committee on Transportation Equity
- Transportation Research Board (TRB) 2021 Conference to Advance Transportation Equity (CATE), Planning Committee Member and Publications Subcommittee Chair
- Transportation Research Board (TRB), Paper reviewer
- Women’s Transportation Seminar (WTS), Friend
TTI Tenure / Total Industry Tenure
- 7 years
- 9 years
- Biking, Walking, and Transit
- Public Policy
- Equity and Accessibility
- Alternative Finance
- Communication and Teambuilding
- Associate Research Scientist, TTI, July 2019 – Present.
- Assistant Research Scientist, TTI, September 2016 – June 2019.
- Associate Transportation Researcher, TTI, April 2013 – August 2016.
- Transportation Finance Research Fellow, Safe Routes to School National Partnership, July 2012 – December 2012.
- Graduate Research Assistant, METRANS Transportation Center at the University of Southern California, March 2011 – August 2012.
- Student Intern, Green LA Coalition, Los Angeles, CA, January 2011 – September 2011.
- Volunteer, Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition, Los Angeles, CA, September 2009 – May 2010.
- Teambuilding and Adventure Facilitator, Santa Barbara Adventure Company (SBACo), Santa Barbara, CA, April 2004 – September 2006.